UCEAP TAIWAN2007/08
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UCEAP TAIWAN2007/08

“Don’t try to imagine what it will be like, just experience it!”

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

URGENT Watch your wallet!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy

URGENT  Watch your wallet! Empty
PostSubject: URGENT Watch your wallet!   URGENT  Watch your wallet! EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 12:11 pm

Please DO watch your wallet all the time for one of our EAP member's wallet was taken at the night market last Friday.

In fact, besides night markets, any site with that attracts large crowds also attracts pickpockets. MRT stations, crowded venues, and even temples are all favored haunts of pickpockets.

Similarly, if you try to get on a bus and are blocked by a person who all of a sudden cuts into line in front of you to speak to the bus driver, don't get upset just yet. Your first move should be to reach for your wallet and hold on to it. Otherwise, it may end up in someone else's hands seconds and be gone without a trace.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ancastil

URGENT  Watch your wallet! Empty
PostSubject: Thieves follow you!   URGENT  Watch your wallet! EmptyTue Sep 18, 2007 12:09 am

Definitely be careful because people follow you. Immediately after you purchase something, make sure you are not being followed and hold on to your valuables, keeping an eye on them 24/7 100% of the time.
That's how my wallet was stolen: I was being followed and immediately after I purchased somethings, the thief knew exactly where to go to steal my wallet -- this was all in a matter of 5 seconds. These people are professionals and they walk around in groups; they know exactly what they're doing.

Just in case something unfortunate like this does happen, however, I urge you to go to the police and the MRT station (if your MRT card was also stolen) to file a report as it could come in quite handy and of course call your banks right away (cell phone code to dial US is 006).
Back to top Go down

URGENT Watch your wallet!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UCEAP TAIWAN2007/08 :: Announcememts-
Jump to: